Eastern District was created on July 21, 1904 by a redistribution of the Lodges in St. Lawrence, Frontenac and Ottawa Districts at a Meeting of Eastern Ontario Masons in Brockville, Ontario where the 49th Annual Communication of Grand Lodge was held. On that date, there were a total of 59 Lodges in Frontenac, St. Lawrence and Ottawa Districts.
The Lodges were redistributed as follows to create Eastern District:
Frontenac District No. 14 15 Lodges
St.Lawrence District No.15 14 Lodges
Ottawa District No. 16 16 Lodges
Eastern District No. 21 14 Lodges
SIGNIFICANT DATES IN THE HISTORY OF THE DISTRICT:
1904 – Eastern District is created.
1913 – A per capita assessment is authorized to cover D.D.G.M. expenses.
1925 – A Past Masters, Masters and Wardens Association is formed. The r etiring D.D.G.M. is required to provide his successor with Regalia.
1932 – Rotation of the Office of District Deputy Grand Master through the Lodges is authorized.
1963 – A Bursary Fund is established.
1965 – The Bursary Fund is named The Frederick Earle Eaton Masonic Bursary Fund in honour of the late R.W. Bro. Frederick Eaton
1974 – The Bursary Fund becomes a Registered Charitable Foundation.
1992 – Association name is changed to “The Masonic Association of Eastern District” allowing all Master Masons to be members.
1993 – 20 vests with Masonic Crest and Association name are purchased.
1997 – Rotation of the Offices of the two Vice-Presidents, the President and the Past President was authorized so there would be progression through these positions to the position of District Deputy Grand Master.
2007 – Association By-Laws were changed to allow all Masons to be Members.
2007 – A Benevolence Guideline for the administration of benevolence was approved.
2007 – A heritage style building has been acquired and donated to Upper Canada Village for use as a display Masonic Lodge Room. Corner Stone laying will be June 21, 2008.